Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Today is the Day!!


We moved into this house almost 4 years ago...still can't believe how quickly time has passed...and from the beginning I really wanted a deck. We have beautiful land in the back of the house that just beckons to be viewed more frequently!!

I envisioned stepping out of a sliding glass door from my dining room to a huge deck in the back. I would be able to serve meals out there, have coffee out there, all the while looking at this.....



And this.......




But, the thing is, the back of our house is really high off the ground!!  Because of the basement and the shaping of the land the deck will need to be high, a window will need to be knocked out and a sliding door put in.  See.................................. :)  That middle window is where the sliding glass door will eventually be. 




To someone who is a deck pro, this might not sound like much, but to a beginner DIY-er....it's a LOT!!!!!!!!!!

So last week we decided that we are going to add a deck to the front for now. This will give us experience in deck constructing while being a tad less daunting than starting with the back. See...............  :) 



I purchased the supplies online at Menards and it is all being delivered today!! So I decided that I am going to keep track of what is going on with it on the blog.

Usually when I take on projects such as this, God uses the opportunity to teach me a few things as well, so I will let you know about those when they happen!!

So today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My goal is to remove the existing steps and little porch, and get all of my supplies ready!

I'll let you know how it goes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment