Thursday, April 16, 2020

Let's Get Started!!



Hooray! My supplies arrived............




Not hooray...this was the first sentence in the instruction book.....






But that's okay, because I quickly learned my first lesson of deck building...I need help!

We are adding on to an existing deck so I really didn't think this would be a big deal. And I REALLY thought I could do most of it myself minus a couple of lessons I knew I needed.

I did NOT anticipate on needing help from both of my help sources within an hour of attempting to take down...yes, you heard me...TAKE DOWN some of the existing deck. 




Screws were stripped or broken, there were tools I didn't have, and there was this brief instance that required climbing under the deck that is already there. Normally not a big deal but right now it has a winters worth of cobwebs and yucky stuff!! :) 

Yup! It didn't quite go as I planned it. But...maybe I should lay low on the plan!!

So today looks like we are going to warm up into the 40's this afternoon so I am hoping to give it another go and try and get this thing taken apart!!




No comments:

Post a Comment