Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I Remember....

The other morning I was praying through Psalm 77. 

In the first 9 verses the author writes about a desperate time in his life. 
He is crying out to God but he feels like he is not being heard. 
He is seeking the Lord, but is not being comforted.



I have felt like that before, and I bet you have too! 

I cry out over and over for God to send me strength, or peace in a particular situation and I feel like it falls on deaf ears. 

Sometimes I wonder if God is angry with me...maybe I somehow did something that made Him mad. 
Worse yet is the worry that He is just ignoring me.

But then I come to verse 11.
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds."



What fantastic wisdom I find in these verses! 

Dwell on what I know!!  
Dwell on what God has done!!

Remind myself of the power God has shown in my life, the redemption! 

Remember the great deeds He has done along the paths that He has already led me on.
The mountains He has moved.
The seas He has parted!

Then, when remembering His power, I can't help but begin to remember His patience and faithfulness during those times. 

The times I rebelled against Him.
The times I dug my heels into the ground not wanting to go where He was leading.
The times I doubted that He could ever get me across the raging sea that stood in my path.
The times I distressed because I thought He was not there.

His repeated faithfulness takes my mind of chaos and brings clarity.

Clarity that reveals that my God Is Here!

My God causes the earth to tremble at His command!  

My God is faithful...over and over He is faithful!

And then I realize that my cries are NOT falling on deaf ears...they are falling on THE ALL-KNOWING EARS OF AN ALL-TIME FAITHFUL GOD!!

And rest comes for my soul.









No comments:

Post a Comment