Thursday, June 11, 2015

Move

Move....

Anyone else feel dread in their heart when they hear this word??!!  Me too!!

I did not move too much growing up.  We lived in three-ish houses from 1st grade until I graduated high school and all of the moves were still within the same school district so I never had to change schools or friends. But fast forward several years and I learned to dread it!!



You see, my mom loves to move!  I think she likes the excitement of having a different house to decorate and it could be the thrill of getting the postal welcome packet in the mail, but either way, she likes to move. 

Now I have no problem with her moving cuz I like to decorate and rearrange probably more than she does, but for some reason she always picks the hottest day of the year to move on!!  I'm totally not kidding and if ever my brother were to read my blog and comment, this would be the one time he would agree with me!!

William and I moved a few times right after we married because of the military, but about 15 years ago we finally found a forever home and set up shop there!!  About 2.5 years ago the Lord called us from that forever home to a farm and we have been moving ever since!!

It's not because I like to move....I don't!  I really, REALLY don't!!  You see, I can find my decorating joy by just rearranging everything!  William joked in the beginning years of our marriage that he needed a map of the house when he walked in from work because he never knew what I was going to change! True statement...totally!



I don't know if it is because of where the Lord has our family right now, or he has been slowly revealing it to me over the years, but we are learning that moving is just part of being a Kingdom builder.

Not necessarily moving houses, but moving around in life. I have learned that God teaches us through moving us and He uses us through moving us! He wants us to live a life of flexibility.  He might not call all of us to make changes frequently in our lives, but He does call all of us to be open and willing to.  

I've learned some life lessons through all this moving.

1. Every time we move, I become aware of things that we have around but don't need. (You know who I'm talking to!)

2. With each move I see more of what works for us and what doesn't.

3. Moving helps illuminate certain things that I might be holding on too tightly to! (Preach it!...me ;)

4. Each move brings new people/neighbors into our lives! Sometimes those neighbors are there to nourish our lives and sometimes we are there to nourish theirs and some you are blessed with both! (Best part about moving, except you also leave those people too) :(  

5. No matter where we are, I see a new aspect of creation and the Creator.

6. Moving takes away predictability.......that's a good thing!

Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)

18 Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland"

So where are we now?  We are waiting.  Waiting to see what the Lord has in store, where He is going to move us be it a physical address, a ministry, or just a life focus.  



But we are also moving! We are looking each and every day for the plan of the day. Who does God want us to pour into? Where does He need us working? When does He call us to rest?

Flexible, yet stable in His hands.

Moving, yet permanently His.

Moving brings us to places yet unseen and to rewards yet imagined.  

Moving takes away the things we depend on most and thrusts us into a loving, and dependable Father's hands.

Moving opens our eyes to the harvest around us!

Whether you are called to move countries, states, neighborhoods, houses, or just move around where you are at, learn from it, soak in it, and wait with anticipation! He'll make a way in your wilderness and make streams in your wasteland.  Just move!













No comments:

Post a Comment