Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Month Of Crazy!!




You ever have something that you know you need to do but you don't really know how? Well, that is my blog post today!!

I know I need to write, but at this very moment I have no idea about what!!  :)

So I'm going to start writing and see where we go!

The past month has been a bit crazy. We were super happy to have the privilege of going to the Wind River Reservation to see our friends in Wyoming again. Something extra special about this year was that we were able to spend the whole trip with some of our Hayward peeps!!  Cuz we are now Hayward peeps! :)


I also was super excited for the opportunity to help take a fantastic group of teens and young adults to Missouri to the Warrior Leadership Summit. I just adored being able to spend so much time with them. Poor kids (and other adults) had to be locked in a van with me for about 12 hours each way!!



It's soooo much more fun to talk when people listen (even if it is because they are trapped in the van with ya!).

Anyways....It has been such a busy month, but I have also learned so much.

Much about people, much about myself, and much about Jesus. :)

I've learned that people are all more or less the same.

We all want to be heard.
We all want to be loved.
And we all need hope.

About myself I have learned that I am a big chicken. 
I don't like change. 
I'm a creature of habit. 

But I've also learned that I am a warrior. 
I am brave. 
And I am able to not just survive, but thrive where I originally thought I would fail.

And what I've learned about Jesus is that He is the answer to it all.

You want to be heard?   He WANTS to listen.
You want to be loved?   He IS love!!
You want hope?             There is NO hope except through Him.

When I am a weak......He uses that to display His strength.
When I have to face change.....He is not only there with me, but He has gone before me to ensure it is the best change for me.
When I get caught in habit.....He will tenderly nudge me when I need to head another direction.

At the times that I am a warrior - It is only by His might and His strength.
At the times that I am brave - It is because He has already won my battle.
And when I thrive at times I was sure I would fail - It is because I allowed Him to come into whatever the situation was and let Him take center stage in my life as opposed to my circumstance.

I am nothing without Him. And I mean this. I don't want to be anything without Him.

I want my life to be completely rooted in Jesus.
And when that is the case then the storms may come and I might be uprooted and replanted....but I know...I KNOW who supplies my strength and nourishes me.

And that, my friend, allows one to just rest, enjoy the breezes, stand amazed at the storms, take on the adventure of being replanted, and just soak in the Son.

Well, I guess I did have something to blog about didn't I??  :)

He is so very faithful.



1 comment:

  1. Was good to have you blogging again and sharing your adventures and lessons on the journey :-)

    ReplyDelete