Thursday, February 5, 2015

Power in Weakness

Pride.

I think that is the weakness that I struggle with most.  It started when I was young and it is a battle to this day.  It is the part of my flesh that I have the most trouble with stepping out of.  I struggle with it in almost everything I do.

I don't want to.  Sometimes I feel so angry with myself for being prideful that I cry angry tears.  But yet it stays around.  I keep it around.

It is not really pride as in I think I am better than others....it is pride as in I need approval of my achievements from others. 

I want you to like me...appreciate me...love me...approve of me. 

Brianna and I decided that the topic of our next post would be about allowing God to work through our weakness.  Allowing His glory and grace to shine through us.  Allowing His nurturing spirit to trump our ability to handle the mess.  

Today it is my turn to write about it.

You see, I will probably check back on Facebook until someone presses the like button just once regarding this blog and gives me approval.  Then I will rest easy knowing that someone supports me, likes me, appreciates me.

I'm Prideful like that.  

I can only imagine the number of times that I have swooped in to fix something that was not for me to fix. Using my own power and ability instead of God's.

I think that is what makes our weaknesses so powerful.  Our weakness keeps us out of the way and gives all of the glory to God.  Think of Joshua and the battle of Jericho.  Think of Moses and the Red Sea.  Think of Mary giving birth to the Son of God.

I don't know what God is going to do with my confession.  But I know that in my weakness, He is made strong.  


Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.                2 Corinthians 12:8-10






No comments:

Post a Comment